British film director, best remembered for directing such movies as Lawrence of Arabia, The Bridge on the River Kwai, Dr Zhivago, Brief Encounter, Hobson’s Choice, Great Expectations, Ryan’s Daughter and Blithe Spirit. In a 1965 NY Times article it mentioned he was “A handsome man, Six feet tall”.
David Lean Height, Weight & Body Measurement
David Lean stands 6 feet tall and he weighs around 78 kg right now. He has a pair of brown eye color and light brown hair color. His body measurements are unknown.
David Lean Net Worth
David Lean earns a net worth of $19 million as of 2021.
- Sir David Lean CBE (25 March 1908 – 16 April 1991) was an English film director, producer, screenwriter and editor.
- Widely considered one of the most influential directors of all time, Lean directed the large-scale epics The Bridge on the River Kwai (1957), Lawrence of Arabia (1962), Doctor Zhivago (1965), and A Passage to India (1984).
- He also directed two adaptations of Charles Dickens novels, Great Expectations (1946) and Oliver Twist (1948), as well as the romantic drama Brief Encounter (1945).
- Originally a film editor in the early 1930s, Lean made his directorial debut with 1942’s In Which We Serve, which was the first of four collaborations with Noël Coward.
- In 1984 he had a career revival with A Passage to India, adapted from E. M. Forster’s novel; it was an instant hit with critics but proved to be the last film Lean would direct.
- Lean’s affinity for pictorialism and inventive editing techniques has led him to be lauded by directors such as Steven Spielberg, Stanley Kubrick, Martin Scorsese, and Ridley Scott.